Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: dnscache
From: Len Conrad (lconradGo2France.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 07:40:46 CDT
- Next message: Ralf Hildebrandt: "Re: dnscache"
- Previous message: Ralf Hildebrandt: "Re: Forwarding"
- In reply to: Brad Knowles: "Re: dnscache"
- Next in thread: Ralf Hildebrandt: "Re: dnscache"
- Reply: Len Conrad: "Re: dnscache"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
>At 12:47 PM +0200 2000/6/14, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> What if the reply is "too large" for UDP?
> Such as the MXes for aol.com? In fact, last time I checked, just
> the list of NSes for adobe.com caused it to exceed the 512 byte limit of UDP.
Also, queries for some hosts at www.conducent.com return 50+ A records.
Plenty of examples where 512 will not suffice.