Subject: Re: fetchmail local delivery (was Re: Postfix and tcpwrappers)
From: Manuel Arriaga (m.arriagaip.pt)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 12:36:37 CDT

Hi Bennett,

>>Or isn't it necessary to have the daemon running just to
>> perform those two tasks?
>
>I believe, if you're using fetchmail, and your MUA sends email
>by piping into /usr/{sbin,lib}/sendmail (as mutt does), that you
>may be able to disable smtpd entirely.

Yep, that's exactly my setup: mutt 1.2i and fetchmail. And I do remember correcting the path for sendmail in my .muttrc,
but at that time I just didn't know that it was possible to send emails through Postfix without connecting to the SMTP port...

>If however fetchmail is your problem, that should be _easy_ to fix.
>I'm very happy using
>
> mda "/usr/bin/procmail -t"
>
>in my ~/.fetchmailrc.

Configuring Procmail correctly for delivery and filterage of incoming email (retrieved by fetchmail) is part of my todo list
when it comes to configuring my computer... :-) I just hadn't the time to do this til now, but I intend to use Procmail for
local delivery in the future due to the possibility of filtering all incoming email and delivering it into different email
boxes.

Thank you for all the tips,

Manuel