Subject: HELO command
From: Fred Souza (csegkronus.com.br)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 16:54:15 CDT

Hi all,

   I am currently running qmail 1.03 under FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE, and decided to
   give Postfix I try. Installed it, configured and etc, but one single thing
   kept unanswered, and it is crucial for my situation:

   How do I setup what hostname to use when sending the HELO command?

   I mean, with qmail (please, let's not start a flame here. I am citing
   qmail, because it's what I have to compare), I can simply do a `echo
   "somereal.host.or.domain" > $QMAILPATH/control/helohost`, and it'll use
   that hostname for the HELO command.

   Once I am a dial-up user and my local domainname does not exist, many
   sites (such as freebsd.org, for instance) will not accept the HELO command
   if it comes with my local domain, as Postfix will do by default.

   It there a way to get rid of this problem?

Thank you all in advance.

Fred Souza.

--
What upsets me is not that you lied to me,
but that from now on I can no longer believe you.