Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: How to split receipients
From: Jeremy Lunn (jeremyaustux.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 06:29:40 CDT
- Next message: Jeremy Lunn: "Re: Error: Virtual Domain listed as $mydestination"
- Previous message: Rolf Schulz: "question ..."
- In reply to: Uwe Klinger: "How to split receipients"
- Reply: Jeremy Lunn: "Re: How to split receipients"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 01:23:08PM +0200, Uwe Klinger wrote:
> When I send a message to different people like To: aa.com, bb.com ...
> Every receipient will see the other's email address. But I want that
> every receipient only sees it's own
> email address. It should work automatically by postfix without aliases
> and such stuff.
It is a standard that MTAs don't modify certain headers (particurly To:
From: Reply-To: Cc: Bcc: etc. I am not good enough to quote RFCs yet
But maybe you should either use the Bcc: field or use a mailing list.
If you want them to see their address field then I am guessing that
you'll have use some sort of program that does stuff, like customising
each message. Would be easy to write a small perl script to do that.
-- Jeremy Lunn Melbourne, Australia GnuPG Public Key: http://www.austux.net/jeremy.gpg Finger jeremyaustux.net for more details
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored