Subject: How to change the uucp request issuer?
From: rakeshisac.ernet.in
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 01:13:11 CDT

I am trying to setup postfix for UUCP connection. For this purpose, I read the
postfix document "Using UUCP as the default transport". Accordingly, I defined
following lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        hostname=myhost
        relayhost=relayhost
        default_transport=uucp

and in /etc/postfix/master.cf:
  uucp unix - n n - - pipe
    flags=F user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail ($recipient)

As a result, all the required C & D files are created successfully. In C File,
following line appears:
    S D.myhost069172d D.myhost069172d uucp - D.myhost069172d 0666 uucp
    S D.relayhost067d72d X.relayhostN067d uucp - D.relayhost067d72d 0666 uucp
and in one of the D files, a line appears as:
    U uucp myhost
for all sent mails.

Hence, the command "uustat -a" shows that all uucp requests are issued by the
user "uucp"; whereas my earlier UUCP setup, working successfully with Sendmail,
was reporting the uucp request issuer to be the mail sender userid.

How to do the same in Postfix?

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh Kumar

This mail sent through IMP: isacmail