Subject: Re: CDB map for postfix
From: Matthias Andree (madt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 05:34:20 CDT

Michael Tokarev <mjttls.msk.ru> writes:

> Also I included here my "rework" of djb's cdb library, to remove
> system-supplied routines. It is fully compatible with original
> one in format, and almost source-compatible (I renamed structure
> fields; if one uses only interface routines, all will be ok).
> It _very_ small -- just takes 6k (compressed) in source form
> (original cdb-0.75.tar.gz has >50 k in size).

I recall that you must not modify DJB's sources (but you can get around
that in providing a patch and having Makefile patch the sources for you,
and renaming DJB's source files seems to be fine.)

This is information I have obtained by asking Uwe Ohse who is quite
familiar with DJB's software.

It'd however be nice if Dan had more information than just
http://cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html, on his libraries in particular.

--
Matthias Andree