Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Re: maidir file name
From: Matthias Andree (madt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 05:42:23 CDT
- Next message: Ole Albrecht: "unsubcribe"
- Previous message: Matthias Andree: "Re: CDB map for postfix"
- Next in thread: Bennett Todd: "Re: maidir file name"
- Maybe reply: Matthias Andree: "Re: maidir file name"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Michael Tokarev <mjttls.msk.ru> writes:
> doing "joy test": $ time find /var/spool/squid -ls >/dev/null
> On the same cache, this test tooks about 7 min for ext2 and 22 (!) for
> reiserfs! Cache contains ~60.000 files, directory layout 16+64.
My impression - from personal experience as well as from traffic on the
ReiserFS mailing list - is that ReiserFS _direly_ needs its CPU usage
cut down. It recovers quite fast, however, you pay with a lot of system
CPU time. And this is not even considering write operations, just
However, it seems that a recent hash (now the default in reiserfs
3.5.25) seems to be not as bad in this respect as the former tea_hash,
but still, reiserfs chews up a lot of CPU time. Consider reiserfs beta.
-- Matthias Andree