Subject: Re: cleanup die with long recipient address (?)
From: Wietse Venema (wietseporcupine.org)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 07:58:07 CDT

> Sep 13 15:33:14 mail postfix/cleanup[30953]: panic: myfree:
> corrupt or unallocated memory block

This means that the contents of memory changed by itself, or that
something stomped over it. I do a fair amount of testing and code
reviewing to ensure that Postfix does not stomp over its own memory
- witness the low incidence of memory-related problems reported on
this list.

So I ask my usual questions:

1) Does the machine have ECC memory error handling?

2) Does the machine have Parity memory error handling?

3) Is memory error actually detection enabled?

4) Does the problem reproduce on a different machine?

If all these questions makes no sense, see the signal 11 FAQ
at http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

        Wietse

adi: