Subject: Re: Postfix and Exchange, oh joy
From: Wietse Venema (wietseporcupine.org)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 14:22:10 CDT

Malcolm Tester:

> True. I use transport_maps with
>
> cambric.com smtp:[exchangeserver]
> .cambric.com smtp:[exchangeserver]
> localhost.cambric.com local:
>
> If I turn that off though, then the two Postfix installations start looping
> the mail through each other until it reaches max_hops.

Then you still have some forwarding turned on via god knows what.
I suggest you throw away main.cf and start with a fresh one, test
one change at a time, back out when something breaks.

> If I add the
> local_recipient_maps, nothing changes.

local_recipient_maps affects only recipients in domains that are listed
as local, in the mydestination parameter.

> Is there a way to forward incoming mail for known local users without using
> the transport_maps?

That is what the virtual or aliases database is for. That changes
the envelope recipient address.

        Wietse