Subject: Re: [Q] Virtual Domains & ETRN
From: Diego Zaccariotto (dzaccalibero.it)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 05:52:18 CDT

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 08:34:34PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote about Re: [Q] Virtual Domains & ETRN:
> Diego Zaccariotto:
> > I'm moving an NTmail server to a linux box with postfix.
> > I have about 30 domains to manage and 22 of them will be retrieved by
> > ETRN.
> > Can anyone tell me what I have to do to have postfix receiving mail for
> > 30 domains and to process 22 domain by ETRN?
> For the domains that use ETRN, all you have to do is to enable mail
> relaying (add the 22 domains to main.cf:relay_domains). THESE ARE
> NOT VIRTUAL DOMAINS.

perfect! :-) Quite simple! I was pondering about it but I wasn't sure...
thahk you!

> For the 8 domains that don't use ETRN, what you have to do depends
> on how their mail is to be delivered. Are these virtual domains?

For the other 8 domains this is the situation:

3 domains are entirely managed by my cusomers, all the mail for
domain1.dom will go into a single mailbox on my server and they'll
retrieve their emails by a pop client that pass the mails to the smtp
server (i.e. Mercur for windows). So a virtual map like this should work
fine:

domain.dom anything
domain1.dom localuser1

The remaining domains only have a few mailbox (account on my server) so
I belive it's simply a virtual map like this:

domain1.dom anything
user1domain1.dom locauser1
user2domain1.dom locauser2

Is it right?

--
|_/|(/_(_|(_)                           diegodacos.it
        _|
Vote Against SPAM! http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Regitered Linux User #170505 http://counter.li.org