Subject: Re: ETRN too fast!
From: Brad Knowles (blkskynet.be)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 12:32:26 CDT

At 9:52 AM -0700 2000/9/26, Doug Clements wrote:

> I want him to be able to run ETRNs, I just want the smtp session to
> slow him down so he doesn't disconnect before his messages get run.

        I don't understand why he just doesn't have the router or machine
configured to keep the line up for at least five minutes after the
last communication that passed through it. If you don't tear down
the line the instant you are done transmitting your packets, this
gives other things a chance to happen before the line is disconnected.

        Fundamentally, I don't see a way to solve this problem without
having the customer fix their configuration.

Brad Knowles, <blkskynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania.