Subject: Re: ETRN too fast!
From: Mark Huizer (xaa+postfixtimewasters.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 14:45:56 CDT

The wise Doug Clements produced the following lines:
> Well, it's not really his job to wait for our mail server. We typically have
> 2-3 thousand mails in the queue at any given time, so it does take a few
> minutes to run the queue. His 5 minute idle-timeout isn't enough, and we
> have increased it temporarily to get him going, but it doesn't seem like the
> correct solution.

Postfix in its current form is just not fit for that kind of delivery.
Parts of the queue management should be rewritten and Wietse has made it
rather clear he thinks that's not a good thing to do.
The place where I worked, uses postfix everywhere, except on the box
doing smtp queuing. From what I hear from Brad Knowles, the same goes
for his site.

mark