Subject: Re: Strange address formatting not accepted by Postfix
From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen (rask-postfixkampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 13:25:50 CDT

Den 26-Sep-00 19:03:39 skrev Konrad Podloucky fĝlgende om "Re: Strange address formatting not accepted by Postfix":

>No it definitely was: <Konrad Podloucky[konradcc8.com]>.

   Some sort of Lotus/Domino/cc:Mail/... brain damage I think. I've seen it
often in headers.

[cut]
>Yep, I know. That's why I also tried qmail, which is much stricter. To my
>amazement, qmail also accepted the square brackets.

   Depends on the version. qmail-1.03 accepts more garbage than previous
versions (which were already not very strict). Of course the message will
bounce as soon as qmail tries to deliver it.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen | E-mail: mailto:raskkampsax.k-net.dk |
| A4000, 896 kkeys/s (RC5-64) | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC |
| If a train station is where a train stops, what is a workstation then? |