Subject: Re: ETRN too fast!
From: Daniel Roesen (droesenentire-systems.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 03:21:16 CDT

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:01:13AM +0200, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> What's wrong with good old DNS all of a sudden?

It's no solution to the problem. People like my won't use such
services (dynip.org etc.) for privacy reasons and the technical
uglyness.

And it's prone to race conditions, too.

> Should you still want to overburden Wietze with new things to add to
> Postfix, try ESMTP ATRN (RFC 2645), but IMHO, it fills a much needed gap.

It does, but show me the clients out there supporting that. What I
was looking for is not a clean-room solution to the problem (I know
that it exists) but something which works with POP3 and SMTP.
Protocols almost all clients out there support.

Best regards,
Daniel

entire systems GmbH         | droesenentire-systems.com
Internet Services           | Phone: +49 2624 9550-55
Ferbachstrasse 12           | Fax:   +49 2624 9550-20
D-56203 Hoehr-Grenzhausen   | http://www.entire-systems.com/