Subject: Re: Incorrect logging of SMTP messages
From: Liviu Daia (Liviu.Daiaimar.ro)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 15:44:08 CDT

On 28 September 2000, Dorale, Wes R. <wrdpcs-sd.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this is a Postfix or syslogd problem... After installing
> a new mail server that is using Postfix I noticed that the messages
> being logged to /var/log/mail had GMT instead of local time for only
> the smtp (Postfix) messages. The system is SuSe 7 with Postfix
> version 19991231-p108. The system also uses qpopper and they are
> logged in /var/log/mail with the local time. Thanks for any help.

    You're running Postfix chrooted and you didn't copy the timezone
files to the jail. You need "/etc/localtime" and "/usr/lib/zoneinfo"
(or whatever it's called on your machine).

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   Liviu.Daiaimar.ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia