Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Drac and postfix
From: Henk Kuipers (henkbb36.org)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 15:34:13 CDT
- Next message: David Kenzik: "Postfix/Courier/procmail"
- Previous message: David Kenzik: "Re: postfix and cyrus"
- Next in thread: Matthias Andree: "Re: Drac and postfix"
- Reply: Matthias Andree: "Re: Drac and postfix"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
I tried out the postfix / drac settings that are described on your website.
Hopefully, you have any idea why I can't get it to work or know someone
else who can. The problem is that I can't seem to get postfix to swallow the
Here's what happens in the log:
Oct 18 21:46:46 penguin postfix/smtpd: fatal: open database
/etc/mail/dracd.db: Invalid argument
Oct 18 21:46:47 penguin postfix/master: warning: process
/usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 30749 exit status 1
Oct 18 21:46:47 penguin postfix/master: warning:
/usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
This is how the setting appears in main.cf (of course I reload postfix after
changing the .cf):
myhostname = penguin.bb36.nl
mydomain = bb36.nl
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
relay_domains= "not filled in, $mydestination is the default value)
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, check_client_access
I also tried the smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
btree:/etc/mail/dracd as the documentation seems to indicate it as a
possibility but without success.
Some installation facts:
1. the drac daemon is running and working
2. qpopper is patched for Drac and works
3. the drac.db file exists in the path indicated and receives correct IP
updates from qpopper (checked by dumping the db)
4. postconf -m shows that my postfix installation supports btree
5. without the smptd_recipient_restrictions SMTP works fine
I am lost here and have spent about half a day looking into it...