Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Re: PIPELINING problem?
From: Wietse Venema (wietseporcupine.org)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 11:11:20 CST
- Next message: Bennett Todd: "Re: Virus checking RFC"
- Previous message: Wietse Venema: "Re: PIPELINING problem?"
- In reply to: Claus Assmann: "PIPELINING problem?"
- Reply: Wietse Venema: "Re: PIPELINING problem?"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
> Ok, at the risk of embarassing myself, I'll ask here... I've
> implemented SMTP PIPELINING in an MTA and test it against two other
> MTAs. This test revealed an interoperability problem between my MTA
> and Postfix. Now I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong. The
> test is as follows: send one e-mail with two recipients to a postfix
> MTA, the first of which is a non-existent user such that postfix
> returns 550 for it. The problem is that my MTA now hangs after
> reading that line, select() on the socket doesn't show readable
There was a bug in an early version of SMTP pipelining flushing
code that was fixed 20000511
Bugfix: the 20000505 pipeline tarpit delay flush was wrong
and caused the client and server to get out of phase. Yuck!