From: Robert Bigelow (rbigelowrim.net)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 10:52:51 CDT

            Users generally type where their client places the cursor, I'm as
    guilty as anyone of this. One thing that top-posting does have going for it,
    is when a mail message is truncated for any reason, only the first N-bytes
    of the email is visible. This means that top-posting has the greatest chance
    of having your reply read. PC based readers don't usually truncate, but in
    the case of where bandwidth is limited, such as the RIM Blackberry, if
    someone bottom-posts or inline-posts and the message is long enough, I have
    to wait for a "More" (receive more of a message) to come to actually be able
    to read the reply, and if the network is congested or I'm out of coverage, I
    am SOL.

    Robert Bigelow
    rbigelowrim.net