From: Craig Sanders (castaz.net.au)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:53:32 CDT

    On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:38:59PM -0300, Ronan Lucio wrote:
    > I have installed Postfix+Listar and when I sent a mail to a list with
    > all accounts of my server, about 5.000, It didn?t work.
    >
    > If I create a list with 10 users, it works fine.
    >
    > Question: May it be because of Postfix? (I have almost default
    > configuration)

    check your smtpd_recipient_limit in main.cf (default 1000).

    then configure listar to send less than $smtpd_recipient_limit
    recipients per message.

    e.g. in your list config file:

    # smtp-queue-chunk
    # Maximum recipients per message submitted to the mail server.
    # Larger lists will be split into chunks of this size.
    # Example: smtp-queue-chunk = 25
    #
    smtp-queue-chunk = 500

    alternatively, you could increase smtpd_recipient_limit in postfix's
    main.cf to > the list size, but that will only work until the list
    increases in size again.

    craig

    --
    craig sanders <castaz.net.au>