RE: greylist: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Gary V (mr88talenthotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 17:05:50 CDT

> > > If it is, my experience with postgrey is that over time it used up all
> > > the memory on my filter.
> >
> > Doesn't happen for me. At least not with a measly 89.000 mails per day.
> > YMMV.
>
>Odd. I may have had an implementation problem, or too few resources. We
>run about 300,000/day thru that one, with 1 GB RAM. So it may have been
>just me. :)
>
>--Brian

I have a little server that sees about 3000 messages a day and twice last
week postgrey crashed the system. The entire gigabyte of swap used up. I
have been using it for about a year and have never had a problem until now.
It appeared to happen during one of its maintenance routines. I removed
postgrey and associated files, and reinstalled it. No problem so far (after
a week).

Gary V