Re: Postfix overload on a Debian Server

From: Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandtcharite.de)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 03:30:52 CDT

* Huby franck <franck.hubyhospimedia.fr>:
> Hello,
> We use postfix as MTA to send mails informations to our customers.
> We send 2'000 ~ 4'000 mails per day.

That's not much.
> Recently our debian server fall regularly by overload and the processes
> that make this overload are always smtp/smtpd.

How many are running? How's the load? Is the machine swapping?

Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandtcharite.de) spamtrapcharite.de
Quoted-Printable : a standard for mangling Internet messages
Quoted-Unreadable : the result of applying said standard
Unquoted-Unprintable: the comments from the recipients of the above