R: error 454 5.7.3 (in reply to end of DATA command)

From: Benelli Luca (Luca.Benellinetengineering.it)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 10:19:06 CDT

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Victor Duchovni [mailto:Victor.DuchovniMorganStanley.com]

The remote server wants the envelope sender address to be the email
address of the authenticated user, and perhaps also wants the "From:"
or "Sender:" header to likewise match the sender address. This server is
designed to support MUAs, and is not suitable as a general purpose email
relay for an MTA.

If you need to send a particular type of message, make sure that the
message envelope sender and "Sender:" or else "From:" headers match each
other and belong to the authenticated user.

--
        Viktor.

------

Hello Viktor,
        thanks for the answer, the problem is i don't know what headers
are being passed to the remote mail server.
I already used sender_canonical to remap the <user><myhostname> to the
requested userdomain form, in fact i got the authentication error
BEFORE the DATA command before i did this.

The messages are being sent via a simple mail command, the local postfix
then uses the relayhost directive to turn all traffic to the exchange
server

How can i ensure the headers are correctly sent? (or ignored as if i
telnet by hand and don't use headers the email gets through)

Using the debug functions i can see some of the info passed by postfix
but not all.

Thanks again, and i hope my questions aren't too dumb...

Luca