Re: [RESEND] lmtp_enable_mx_lookups patch (documented)

From: Bron Gondwana (brongfastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 18:59:38 CDT

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:41:27AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Victor Duchovni:
> > > +<p>
> > > +By default the LMTP client will look up A records only when choosing
> > > +a destination. With this option set to true, it looks up MX records
> > > +instead and only uses A records if square brackets [] are provided.
> > > +This mirrors the behaviour of the SMTP client.
> > > +</p>
> > > +
> > > +<p>Not available in Postfix versions up to and including 2.4.3</p>
> > > +
> > > %PARAM lmtp_lhlo_timeout 300s

> > The first sentence of te postconf.proto description is automatically
> > copied to the smtp.c description (below) when the manpages are built.
> > You need to adjust that sentence to be a brief synopsis of the meaning
> > of the parameter, so the description below is closer.
>
> I can take it from here. The patch is close enough.

Great, thanks for that.

I'll keep the patch as-is in our build tree for now and start using it.
Our subversion commit emails are getting through fine (I installed it on
the subversion server) and they're being delivered via LMTP, so I'm
happy!

Thanks again both of you for your feedback and help with this. I'm off
on leave in a couple of days so I can't do heaps more with Postfix right
now, but when I get back I might re-visit the tcp_tables discussion of a
few weeks ago and see if I can come up with a consistent tcp/unix socket
protocol that's 8 bit safe, supports updates, all the other good things.
I can see some value in that for everyone and would like to contribute
more back to Postfix since it's so useful for us.

Bron.