Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Denis BUCHER (dbuchermlhsolutions.ch)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2008 - 05:49:26 CDT
My last question is about having a default user for a domain. Let's take
an example to explain my question...
1. My postfix is receiving emails for foodcompany.com, securebank.com
* securebank.com has got 10 emails, any invalid email has to be rejected
* foodcompany.com has got 5 emails, but want to receive all other
("invalid") emails on a 6th mailbox
* booksreadingassociation.org wants to received any email
(*booksreadingassociation.org) on one mailbox
2. My postfix is configured the following way :
# our domains (foodcompany.com, securebank.com and
virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-domains.cf
# our aliases (infosecurebank.com goes to ssmithsecurebank.com)
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
# our accounts (10 for secure bank, 5 for food company)
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-accounts.cf
# cyrus is used
virtual_transport = cyrus
3. As far as I understand, my config is "Postfix virtual MAILBOX
example: separate domains, non-UNIX accounts" ?
4. I solved the problem for booksreadingassociation.org (all emails in
one account) :
added and alias from "booksreadingassociation.org" to
"booksbooksreadingassociation.org" and created an acocunt
5. But my problem is how to do the foodcompany.com config :
* Postfix should FIRST check :
* And then put ALL THE REST to :
Because if I add "foodcompany.com" to aliases, then all emails
(including the 5 mailboxes) are going to "othersfoodcompany.com".
Of course, this is because Postfix FIRST checks for aliases and THEN for
I also tried to put "foodcompany.com" as an account but it doesn't
work, it seems that postifx checks for "foodcompany.com" only in aliases ?
Thanks a lot for your help, I know it's not an easy question... I
although think that someone knowing well what postfix does in which
order could help me, we have to find where postifx looks AFTER
virtual_mailbox_maps, or something like that...
Denis Bucher Horus Digital Solutions sàrl Each problem has a solution
Tél. +41-22-8000625 Fax: +41-22-8000622 www.hsolutions.ch