FYI: Imminent closure of SORBS...

From: Victor Duchovni (Victor.Duchovnimorganstanley.com)
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 08:20:53 CDT

----- Forwarded message from Michelle Sullivan <matthewsorbs.net> -----

From: Michelle Sullivan <matthewsorbs.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:18:35 +1000
Subject: Imminent closure of SORBS.

All,

Please feel free to forward this message to any other location/mailing
list.

It comes with great sadness that I have to announce the imminent closure of
SORBS. The University of Queensland have decided not to honor their
agreement with myself and SORBS and terminate the hosting contract.

I have been involved with institutions such as Griffith University trying
to arrange alternative hosting for SORBS, but as of 12 noon, 22nd June 2009
no hosting has been acquired and therefore I have been forced in to this
announcement. SORBS is officially "For Sale" should anyone wish to
purchase it as a going concern, but failing that and failing to find
alternative hosting for a 42RU rack in the Brisbane area of Queensland
Australia SORBS will be shutting down permanently in 28 days, on 20th July
2009 at 12 noon.

This announcement will be replicated on the main SORBS website at the
earliest opportunity.

For information about the possible purchase of SORBS, the source code,
data, hosts etc, I maybe contacted at michellesorbs.net, telephone +61 414
861 744.

For any hosting suggestions/provision, please be aware that the 42RU space
is a requirement at the moment, and the service cannot be made into a
smaller rackspace without a lot of new hardware, virtual hosting is just
not possible. The SORBS service services over 30 billion DNS queries per
day, and has a number of database servers with fast disk to cope with the
requirements.

Thank you for all your support over the years,

Michelle Sullivan
(Previously known as Matthew Sullivan)

----- End forwarded message -----

--