Re: 3000 recipients

From: ram (ramnetcore.co.in)
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 00:31:35 CST

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 20:37 +0100, richard lucassen wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I want to send once a week a simple mail to a list of 3000 recipients. I
> can set smtpd_recipient_limit and smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit to
> higher limits, but is there a better way to handle this?
>
> R.

Do these 3000 recipients exist on your server or outside ?

If outside and this is a common mail being sent to all users , then just
set your postfix server to accept the mail , send the mails in smaller
batches of 10 recipients each.
( default_destination_recipient_limit=10 ? )

Handling bounces,abuse complaints etc will have to be managed