Re: windows avast - postfix 421 error

From: Evan Platt (evanespphotography.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2010 - 15:56:58 CST

On 12/22/2010 12:50 PM, mouss wrote:

> The real role of the AV here is to block smtp except to the submission
> server. but that's only for "residential" users who don't have a
> firewall to do that. even for such users, a host firewall (Comodo is
> free) is a better tool at that.
>
> but not sure OP can ask his users to disable smtp scanning on their
> hosts.

I'm confused here - the Avast is at the end users computer, right?

Pretty simple. If the user enables Avast mail scanning, and mail can't
be sent, then they disable Avast e-mail scanning and it works, tell the
user to disable e-mail scanning.

Back when I worked at an ISP, we must have told that to users a dozen
times a week.