Re: Internationalized Domain Names (?)

From: Ronald F. Guilmette (rfgtristatelogic.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2014 - 17:53:38 CDT

In message <54306A5D.5040403rhsoft.net>,
"listsrhsoft.net" <listsrhsoft.net> wrote:

>punnycode until 2.12 is out next year and honestly nobody irght in his
>mind is using unicode as it is for domains right now - at least not if
>he is interested in communicate with the rest of the world :-)
>
>http://www.devheads.net/server/postfix/user/postfix-smtputf8-support-unicode-e
>mail-addresses.htm

Thank you very much. This completely answers my questions.

And I want to say thank you also for the URL. Even just skimming
the document there has been very enlightening.

P.S. Now that I have skimmed, briefly, the RFCs relating to this
new SMTPUTF8 extension, I do have a question about that. But it
seems like it would be inappropriate and off-topic for me to post
that here, since it is not in any way Postfix-specific. Where are
RFCs (such as RFC 6531) normally discussed?