Re: No mail from yahoo or ymail

From: Robert Moskowitz (rgmhtt-consult.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2014 - 12:25:49 CST

On 12/05/2014 11:53 AM, listsrhsoft.net wrote:

> Am 05.12.2014 um 17:35 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> On 12/05/2014 11:24 AM, listsrhsoft.net wrote:
>>> it's *your* responsibility to look at your own public whois and verify
>>> your configurations published to the world and *not* the registrars
>>>
>>> Domain servers in listed order:
>>> Z9M9Z.HTT-CONSULT.COM
>>> ONLO.HTT-CONSULT.COM
>>> NS2.CLEARRATE.COM
>>> NS1.ICSL.NET
>>> NS1.CLEARRATE.COM
>>
>> Yep, it is. And I know I looked at this when I moved registrars. I
>> have deleted the glue record as well. Now to figure out how to get glue
>> records for NS servers in other domains. The Registrar's tool only
>> allows creating glue records within your own domain. Take this question
>> over the the DNS list
>
> no, you just have to read what a GLUE record is

And these wonderful DNS web tools that report no glue records for NS
servers not under my domain. I could not see where this is defined.
And it seems not. I was again pointed where I was reading, to RFC1034.
I need glue records for onlo, which I have, but not for ones like ns1.clear

Further, I now see clearly that dig responses I was getting from my MiFi
connection are incomplete. No additional information with those
problems. Just tested again, and nope, not there. Won't bother with
that again. Might as well just add the server from regular connection
to one of the root servers.

But I do thank you for the help, pointing me in the right direction to
check. Or rather the more right way to check DNS. Got notes on this
for next time. And there will be a next time. All that readdressing
to do.