Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: ssh chroot
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 08:51:01 CDT
- Next message: Paul Timmins: "Re: your mail"
- Previous message: Scott Nursten: "redirects"
- In reply to: Omer Faruk Sen: "Re: ssh chroot"
- Next in thread: Carlos García Argos: "Re: ssh chroot"
- Reply: casaMAIN.LO.PILA.PL: "Re: ssh chroot"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
> As far as I know Nfs is not very secure.Is our aim to
> provide a secure way to connect or make an insecure
> environment ?
It isn't very secure, but... it's a way to make chroot'ed environment
What about chroot'ed NFS on read-only filesystem exporting read-only data
like /bin, /lib, /usr... Then you can safely mount necessary directories
in users' home directories (and you have a central place for updating your