Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Re: Root.
From: Andrew Hatfield (andrewABSOFT.COM.AU)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 21:06:16 CDT
- Next message: Neil Sequeira: "Re: Ftp users only"
- Previous message: Andrew Hatfield: "Re: your mail"
- In reply to: Bernard Bolduc: "Root."
- Next in thread: Orbitz: "Re: Root."
- Reply: Andrew Hatfield: "Re: Root."
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
there is no reason for them to need root. who says they need root access??
them or someone else, or yourself?
-- Andrew Hatfield
Absoft (Qld) Pty Ltd Po Box 8072 Woolloongabba QLD 4101 Ph. (07) 3844-0500 Fx. (07) 3844-0399 http://www.absoft.com.au/
-----Original Message----- From: Focus on Linux Mailing List [mailto:FOCUS-LINUXSECURITYFOCUS.COM]On Behalf Of Bernard Bolduc Sent: Thursday, 10 August 2000 3:04 AM To: FOCUS-LINUXSECURITYFOCUS.COM Subject: [FOCUS-LINUX] Root.
I need to give root on a machine at work for my developper to test their programs. Is there a way to do it without compromising my network. They need to be able to get their files from the network. Thanks.
Bernard Bolduc - ITPS Group inc. Consultant technique Linux. Linux technical consultant. tel: (514) 866-8080 x204 fax: (514) 879-0508 http://www.itpsgroup.com