Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Root.
From: Maher Odeh (raxNETVISION.NET.IL)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 01:50:57 CDT
- Next message: Orbitz: "Re: running pppd as common user"
- Previous message: Lukasz Klimek: "Re: running pppd as common user"
- In reply to: Bernard Bolduc: "Root."
- Next in thread: Lukasz Klimek: "Re: Root."
- Reply: Maher Odeh: "Re: Root."
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
why giving root on the system ?
you can use sudo instead and give him access to the things he need
only , thats we do at our company without the need to give root
to anyone .
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Bolduc" <bernard.bolducITPSGROUP.COM>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 7:04 PM
> I need to give root on a machine at work for my developper to test
> their programs. Is there a way to do it without compromising my network.
> They need to be able to get their files from the network. Thanks.
> Bernard Bolduc - ITPS Group inc.
> Consultant technique Linux.
> Linux technical consultant.
> tel: (514) 866-8080 x204 fax: (514) 879-0508