Subject: Re: users only ftp access
From: Steven Vittitoe (boolGTE.NET)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:34:10 CDT

Eh, I am having the same problem... if I change a users
shell to /bin/false FTPd will no allow them access...

I am running 4 services... POP3, SSH, FTP, mySQL. I want
my users to only have access to POP3 and FTP. mySQL is
easy enough... just don't add them to its user table...
POP3 will work with a shell of /bin/false.... but the
problem still laies in FTP. Does anyone have any advice?

>Give them a shell of /bin/false and ensure that /bin/false
>is in /etc/shells
>(it contains a list of all of the valid shells for the
host)

>HTH

>TG

LINUXSECURITYFOCUS.COM</A>