Subject: Re: NT domain renaming
From: Brian (bbernardoUSWEST.NET)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 17:40:23 CDT

To rename a domain, check out the links below. I will warn you that this is
not an easy task. I have done this three times -three times too many. Make
sure that your management understand the cost/risk involved in making that
change. I have yet to have the change rollover smoothly. If your PDC also
runs DHCP make sure that all your users release their IP (ipconfig /release)
prior to rebooting to the new domain. I feel for you man -not a fun task.
Make sure that you have more than one set of hands. Be prepared to recreate
any mapped drives (something to do with the SID).

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q178/0/09.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q150/2/98.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0