Subject: Re: MS Access and file security settings
From: Kevin Stephenson (kevin.stephensonPOBOX.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 06:01:27 CDT

I hope you don't have the idea that Access can be made secure. If you want
to prevent
data modification by a user/group, then you should make a separate copy of
the mdb file and set it to RO for that group. Then block them completely
from the copy set to RW for the other group. You still need to set the file
to shared mode in either case. You also need to setup a system to update
the RO file from the RW one on a periodic basis.

See http://www.lostpassword.com/access.htm for why Access
username/passwords are useless.