Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Re: MAC addresses
From: Marc (marcEEYE.COM)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 19:58:18 CDT
- Next message: Dennis Fleurbaaij: "Re: MAC addresses"
- Previous message: H Carvey: "Re: Patch levels"
- In reply to: Ruud van Buren: "MAC addresses"
- Next in thread: Dennis Fleurbaaij: "Re: MAC addresses"
- Reply: Marc: "Re: MAC addresses"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
The MAC address blackice is giving is is going to be the MAC for the
Most of the time there is not a way to get a MAC address of a remote system
except for maybe via NetBIOS.
Go play with libpcap and libnetNT,
Chief Hacking Officer
eCompany / eEye
| -----Original Message-----
| From: Focus on Microsoft Mailing List
| [mailto:FOCUS-MSSECURITYFOCUS.COM]On Behalf Of Ruud van Buren
| Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 12:25 AM
| To: FOCUS-MSSECURITYFOCUS.COM
| Subject: MAC addresses
| I've got a question about MAC addresses. On my Windows machine I use the
| BlackICE Defender firewall among others, wich most of the time
| can find the
| MAC address of a intruder. Does anybody know in wich way a MAC
| address of a
| remote computer can be retrieved and if there is a way to block it?
| References to books, web pages, etc.
| that would provide more insight we be useful too.
| Thanks a lot,
| Ruud van Buren