Subject: Re: Exchange antivirus issues
From: Merlo, Steve (SmerloPHSCA.ORG)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 17:58:33 CDT

We are currently running Groupshield 4.04 from Mcafee and we have been using
Groupshield for over 2 years.

There are a couple of items you should be aware of. If the MTA is down the
Groupshield service is down as well. Norton and Cheyenne are still able to
scan if the MTA is down. Secondly, the server needs plenty of RAM. We have
2GB in ours currently. If the server does not have enough RAM and you get a
flood of infected email the Groupshield service tends to go down letting
infected mail through.