Subject: Re: Account Unknown
From: Brentlinger, Mike (ISS eServices) (mbrentliISS.NET)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 15:29:50 CDT

In my experiance this occurs when you have granted a user permission and
then deleted the user but not the permission. Though I cant say that Ive
seen this occur within groups.

There could be other issues at hand creating this.

Is there any chance that you have some users in a trusted domain that should
be members of the admin group? You might experiance this if your trust
relationship between the domains was broken after the users were added. Ive
seen "account unknown" appear in those conditions also but I belive that was
related to permissions also.

Can anyone confim / deny my suspiscions?

Mike Brentlinger
ISS Chicago