From: John Madden (chiwawa999_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 19:46:06 CDT

    Hello all,

    When doing a wardialing engagement we come across alot
    of "unknown" carrier detects. I'm looking for a way to
    find out the exact baud rate of the modem answering.
    The modem will answer say at 9600 but the program
    behind it migth run at a completely different rate
    (specially the older programs)

    Some dialing software will auto-sense the emulation
    but you have to give it default baud rate. But if that
    modem is listening for 1200 baud 7E1, you have alot of
    combination to try. I was wondering if anyone has any
    experience on the matter.

    I know that software like Phonesweep, THC etc.. but
    they don't do the trick to find the exact baud rate.

    Any ideas on the matter ?

    Do You Yahoo!?

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see: