RE: Snarf files from a sniff dump

From: nodialtone (nodialtonecomcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 10:36:00 CST

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 08:00, Shenk, Jerry A wrote:
> Ethereal will do that. If you right-click on a packet, you can "follow
> TCP stream". Depending what your goal is, that may be enough. If it is
> a text document, you'll clearly see the text.
>
> If it's not a text document, you will probably need to work a little
> harder. I've never done what you're talking about for a printer file
> but I'm guessing that you're gonna see pretty much a raw printer data
> stream that can simply be sent back to the printer to get a printed
> output.

Istvan,

Have a look at ettercap. Another nice little utlity to sniff packets on
your lan. Has some nice features built in.

--
Unique Security Forums at:
http://www.iatechconsulting.com

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831