Subject: Shell Q
From: C.M. Wong (wongcmEP.COM.MY)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 22:36:43 CDT

Hi All,

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the diff between /sbin/sh and /bin/sh as
both are different in sizes? I was thinking of using another sh (tcsh
actually) as a replacement for users and root alike. Security wise, is it
viable if I just replace root's sh at the passwd file? I have read somewhere
that it's not advisable to replace root's shell since if the machine crashes
etc, the replacement shell might not work and there is no where we can get
back in. Probably a better place would be profile, but how do you guys
normally do it? TIA.

Rgrds,
Wong.