Subject: Re: http://whitehats.com/IDS/# (was Re: [snort]New tool: snortsnarf.pl)
From: Max Vision (visionwhitehats.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:58:01 CST

Are you certain you didn't mistype as "IDS140" instead of "140" as the
last part of the url? The correct format is:

http://whitehats.com/IDS/140

I can't get it to fail. Note that only valid numbers will show up - there
were a few duplicates (the ping zeros) that were removed and I haven't
recycled any IDS numbers. Basically I am using mod_rewrite in apache to
do a passthrough to the CGI script.

Also a note to developers setting these references up in scripts -
although whitehats.com is passing through to dev.whithats.com for tons of
stuff right now, it won't always be the case. It is safest to refer to
http://whitehats.com/ urls...

Max