From: Atul Shrivastava (atul_iet_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 02:58:08 CST

    Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me in detail, how one can make Snort act as a Firewall ???????????
    I know that Snort can be combined with IP Chains and IP Tables using Gardian to act as a Real Time agent such that it can modify the rules of these firewalls depending on the alerts which it senses, but I doesn't have much knowledge about how we can make Snort to act as a Firewall.
    I am keen to know about it. If someone has some good tutorials/white papers related to it, then please send it to me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards and have a nice day,
                               Atul Shrivastava