[Snort-users] regarding rule-sets

From: Govind (govindac.upc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 11:07:36 CST

Hi all,

I am trying to evaluate the performance of the Aho-Corasick Algorithm
running in snort. I am also trying to do a comparison of the older
rule-set. I was not able to get the old rule-set (btw 2003-05) in the
snort website.

However, in the earlier versions of snort, for example in snort-1.9.0, I
notice that there is a directory called "rules" with all standard
(attack-response.rules, backdoor.rules and so on) rules. Are these
rules, lying in that directory, the VRT certified rules for that snort
version (in this case snort-1.9.0).

Thanks in advance

Regards
Govind