[Snort-users] General inline question

From: Bobby Venal (bobby.venalgmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 11:01:26 CDT

Hello,

I just got snort running inline last night (-Q), and was getting some
priority 3 alerts from our netflix box.

What seemed weird was that I hadn't added any iptables rules yet to pass any
packets to QUEUE.

So my question is: does snort inline still watch packets with pcap, in
addition to anything passed to it through QUEUE?