Re: [Snort-users] Snort and multiple logging

From: Eoin Miller (eoin.millertrojanedbinaries.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 10:57:13 CDT

  On 10/6/2010 5:48 PM, egoitzramattack.net wrote:
> Hi all,
> But I needed to generate file logs in order to OSSEC to be configured to
> read it and doing active responses... (OSSEC AFAIK doesn't read from
> mysql) and wanted to have a web gui for real time monitoring status of
> intrusion activity and so... those banyard2 files are able to be read by
> ossec? or could I say to barnyard2 to send to one remote syslog server the
> logs (for ossec to be able to read them) and too... to a mysql server for
> base to read them and display moment statistics??
> thanks a lot for all you're help.
> bye!!
Snort Alert -> unified2 output -> barnyard2 reads it -> barnyard2
outputs to mysql,syslog, and more

Just read about it and play with it.

-- Eoin

standards for HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1, ECMAScript5, and DOM L2 & L3.
Spend less time writing and rewriting code and more time creating great
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users list archive: