Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Netscape crashes, sec. bug?
From: Bob Dog (bobdogDRUNK.CO.NZ)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 09:08:43 CDT
- Next message: Gigi Sullivan: "Re: Core Dump as an Intrusion Event"
- Previous message: Blue Boar: "hacksdmi?"
- Maybe in reply to: Sylvan Ravinet: "Netscape crashes, sec. bug?"
- Maybe reply: Bob Dog: "Re: Netscape crashes, sec. bug?"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
I don't know about Linux, but on all my Alpha boxes
Netscape core dumps on a pretty regular basis.
I was puzzled by this at first, but on reading the
realese notes for Alpha 4.0F it has several sections
on Netscape core dumping for a variaty of reasons.
My favorite is 18.104.22.168 Netscape Communicator Dumps
Core Intermittently. This section basically says;
blah blah blah we have no idea why this happens and
it can't be reproduced consistently.
--- Sylvan Ravinet <sylvanTERAFLOPS.COM>
>Does your Netscape crashes with
>Mine, Netscape Communicator 4.75, Linux, does.
>Is there any previous vulnerability I missed, that applies to this, or is
>it a new one?
>No, try not. Do, or do not. There's no try. -Yoda
>Sylvan Ravinet: http://www.ravinet.com/sylvan/contact/ -- This message is
>Copyright 2000 by Sylvan Ravinet. All rights (and responsibility) reserved.
FREE WEB BASED EMAIL