Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 04:28:29 CDT
Homeland Defense - Outlook and Forecast
Homeland Defense Training Conference
WHEN: June 27, 2002
Hilton Hotel, Crystal City at National Airport, Virginia
Time: 7:30 AM Registration
Program Starts: 8:30 AM
Wrap-up: 4:15 PM
Continental Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch included.
HOTLINE AVAILABLE - Call 703-807-2027 to learn how you can register on-line and view the most current agenda.
SPEAKERS - CONFIRMED
* Congressman Curt Weldon (R-PA) - A senior member of the House Armed Services Committee and the Founder and Co-Chairman of the Congressional Fire Services Caucus
* Captain James Decker, Deputy CIO, US Coast Guard - Substituting for RADM Ken Venuto, USCG
* Maureen Lischke, CIO, National Guard Bureau
* DOD/National Communications System (NCS)
* Rose Parkes, Deputy CIO, FEMA - Substituting for Ronald E. Miller, CIO, FEMA
* Dr. Anna Johnson-Winegar, Deputy Assistant to the Secretary of Defense, Chemical and Biological Defense, (DATSD(CBD)
* Gregory D. Lee, Dept of the Army, Anti-Terrorism Operations and Intelligence Cell -- ATOIC
* Peter LaPorte, Director, DC Emergency Management Agency
* Larry Naake , Executive Director, National Assn of Counties
* John McCumber, Strategic Account Manager-Public Sector, Symantec
GOVERNMENT SPEAKERS INVITED:
* OHS, HHS, TSA, FBI, US Customs, INS, DOT, USMC, NSA, Office of Science and Technology Policy, National Association of Police Organizations, National Emergency Management Association
**** As speakers are confirmed they will be posted on our website - Please call our HOTLINE for more information 703-807-2027
SPEAKERS WILL REPRESENT:
* Report from the Office of Homeland Security
* Congress Responds: What is status of appropriations bills, legislation dealing with INS, Port and Aviation Security, funding for first responders and bio-terrorism?
* Agency Initiatives and Forecasts: Forecasts of key Homeland Security federal agencies on programs, procurements, needs, and budgets. (INS, TSA, HHS, FEMA, US Customs, FBI, DOD)
* State And Local Govts: What are the needs, challenges, and budget expectations of state and local governments?
* Funding and program forecast
ABOUT THE OUTLOOK BRIEFING - June 27, 2002
On 27 June 2002, Market*Access will host a briefing for government and industry to address four questions surrounding 9/11 and federal agency missions, organizations, priorities, and needs:
* What has happened inside our government as a result of our national response to 911?
* What has remained the same?
* What changes are coming?
* What is the outlook and forecast for federal, state and local spending?
Speakers will represent federal, state and local government executives and leaders who will provide government and industry attendees with a report on program status, challenges and outlook.
ABOUT HOMELAND DEFENSE
The United States and its allies face a number of new and difficult security challenges in the coming millennium. While past threats came from other states and were primarily aimed at U.S. forces or allies overseas, new challenges --- such as the proliferation of missiles and weapons of mass destruction, terrorism, and attacks on our information infrastructure --- may well involve non-state actors and has directly affected security at home. We will have to rethink basic policies, federal and state organization for national security, and the allocation of resources to meet both old and new defense tasks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
* Federal systems integrators and solutions providers
* State and local domestic preparedness teams
* U.S. Civil agencies with a charter to support Homeland Defense
* Computer and information systems security infrastructure executives
* Secret service
* Capital Police
* State Police
* National Guard
* All Federal uniformed police and public safety personnel
* Specialists in WMD, Chem-Bio, HazMat response
* Public health and medical services
* Metropolitan Medical Response Teams
* Industry partners assisting federal state and local organizations.
* Security professionals
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
* What are the programs and funding sources and their outlook
* New products in development and on the drawing boards
* Special needs and requirements for outfitting
* New initiatives being planned at the federal, state and local levels
* The role of grants in funding local needs
* Civil agency organization and planning
* Legislative initiatives that are expected to determine new programs and funding sources
POINTS OF CONTACT:
* To REGISTER or for general information about this event, please contact Mr. Parrish Knight 703-807-2748.
* For information on SPONSORSHIP opportunities, please contact Ms. Cara Lombardi at 703-807-2743.
EXHIBITORS MAY INCLUDE:
* IT security
* Mobile communications
* Perimeter security
* Personnel security
* Security planners and consultants
* Outfitting emergency response teams
* Federal systems integrators
* Personal protective equipment
CURRENT SPONSORS INCLUDE:
* Homeland Defense Journal
* DOT TASC
* Contingency Planning & Management
* DRI INternational
* Stateside Associates
* Wireless Communications Association, International
REGISTRATION AND FEE:
* Government Credit Card or Check in Advance: $495
* Industry and Federal Contractors, Payment in Advance: $695
* Fax: registration form to 703-807-2728.
* Mail: registration form to:
Market*Access International, Inc.
Attn: David C. Dickson
4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003
Arlington, VA 22203
NOTE: THERE IS LIMITED SEATING SO PLEASE REGISTER EARLY
Homeland Defense - OUTLOOK and FORECAST - June 27, 2002
(Use additional pages as needed for multiple employees)
* Industry Credit Card or Check in Advance $695
* Government Credit Card or Check in Advance $495
Note: Payment requested in advance.
Please check one of the following as your form of payment:
[ ] Check
Make checks payable to: Market*Access International
Send to: Market*Access, 4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003, Arlington, VA 22203
[ ] VISA [ ] MasterCard [ ] American Express
Account Number: ___________________________Exp. Date___________________
Cardholder Name: ______________________________________________________
Signature (required) or telephone order
I am interested in continuing to receive updates and information by email regarding future conferences in this area. Select one:
Registration: Call Parrish Knight (703) 807-2748
Fax this form to 703-807-2728. Thank you.
To register and pay on line, call our hot line at 703-807-2027 for instructions.
I would be very interested in attending a future training conference on the subject of:
I am a manager/subject matter expert for the following technical/mission area:
The most significant challenge my organization faces is:
Here are email addresses of my contacts and peers who should be invited to this conference:
*** SPECIAL NOTE:
HOMELAND DEFENSE JOURNAL FREE SUBSCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE NOW ****
The Homeland Defense Journal is published twice a month and distributed as a PDF file by email. If you would like a free subscription, please REPLY to this message and place SUBSCRIBE HOMELAND in the SUBJECT line and you will receive our next issue -- Issue #9 - This paper has a distribution of over 35,000 readers at federal, state and local levels. To get information on how you can download past issues free, call our Homeland Defense Journal HOTLINE at 703-807-2758.
*** SPECIAL NOTE ***
This message is being sent to you as a service to inform you and your organization of a training conference directed at federal and industry managers. If this business communication was sent to you in error or is not of interest, please let us know by REPLY'ing to this message and place REMOVE in the SUBJECT line. We will remove your name immediately.
If however, you wish to receive additional information about this Conference, how you can register on-line and other related training opportunities, please place SUBSCRIBE TRAINING in the SUBJECT line and REPLY to this message. We will include you in future notices concerning this topic. You can also call our Conference HOT LINE at 703-807-2027.