NTSecAdvice Archives: Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs

Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs

Subject: Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs
From: Kevin_E_WetzelNOTES.TCS.TREAS.GOV
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 13:54:29 CST

This seems strange to me since no government agency in sound judgement would put
anything above sensitive on a Microsoft platform. I would like ask a question
and see if anyone could provide some feedback on this topic. First of all it was
previously stated that NT Server was not C2 certified unless it was disconnected
from the network. This recent information appears to say that NT is C2 certified
when connected to the network. I would love to show you all the plain text
authentication packets that are sent over a network using this OS and then ask
if you still think its C2 secure. Any comments would be welcomed.

                                                        Kevin Wetzel

Steve <steveSECURESOLUTIONS.ORG> on 12/03/99 02:28:22 PM

Please respond to "Discussion regarding Windows-related security vulnerabilities
      and risks." <win2ksecadviceLISTSERV.NTSECURITY.NET>