NTSecAdvice Archives: Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs

Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs

Subject: Re: Windows NT 4.0 and C2 - New certs
From: Michael S Hines (mshinesPURDUE.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 12:07:38 CST

The Rainbow Series has been replaced by the ITSEC Common Criteria - things
like C2, A1, etc. no longer have any meaning (some question if they ever
did).

Check the new source of information out at this site -
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/library/ccitse/
The Common Criteria, v 2.1 is the current release.

Michael S Hines, CISA,CIA,CFE,CDP
Coordinator of Data Systems / Programming
Schools of Engineering
1280 Engineering Administration
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1280
Phone 765.494.5338 Fax 765.496.1466