Subject: Re: Double clicking on MS Office documents from Windows Explorer may execute arbitrary programs in some cases
From: John Fleischauer (jbfleischauerHOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 17:32:45 CDT

Scott and team,

Normally I'm just a lurker reading all of these security issues and
implementing what is applicable and makes sense at my and our customers
facilities. I normally don't respond to many messages as I just don't have
the time. I sure that's the same in your shop.

However, I must thank you all for taking the time in responding to a couple
of tricky problems areas and explaining (in english) why you are taking that
specific course of action. I also appreciate the explanations within the
security bulletins written so even I understand the issue. This shows a
real dedication to getting it "right" which is somewhat unique in this day
and age. It also gives us grunts in the trenches a real "warm and fuzzy".

I for one really appreciate all the time and effort you and your team have
put into resolving the many issues that have come up in the recent past. It
also goes a long way in countering adverse publicity.

Keep up the good work.

John Fleischauer
Senior Scientist
Dominion Consulting Group